Deacon Ward's Daily Message 3/25/20

Mater Dei Parish
St. Mary Star of the Sea / St. Edward the Confessor / St. James the Greater / St. Benedict Labre


Deacon Ward’s Morning Message
Wednesday March 25, 2020 

~Feast of the Annunciation of the Lord~

Our greatest saint, Mary did one simple thing. She listened to God’s will—that she was to be the mother of Jesus—and she accepted God’s will.   

Have you accepted God’s will in your life? Pray for an understanding of what God is calling you to do.

My Brothers and Sister in Christ, good day!


"Life and physical health are precious gifts entrusted to us by God. We must take reasonable care of them, taking into account the needs of others and the common good." CCC: 2288

Let us begin with a prayer:

Act of Charity for Lent

Almighty Father, you have called me to walk by the light of Christ, your Son, and to trust in his wisdom. During Lent, I submit myself to him completely and strive to believe in him with all my heart. With my renewed commitment to Jesus, I endeavor to continue his work here on earth in helping to build your Kingdom so that all may benefit from the message of salvation. Amen.

There are no significant new announcements to give you from our parish or from the diocese other than to encourage you to continue to join our faith community by means of our live streaming Masses, Adoration and other parish community devotions.
The diocesan website, as well, provides information that can keep us all spiritually connected.

One reminder...Friday of this week, March 28, 2020, Pope Francis will deliver an extraordinary "Urbi et Orbi" (to the city and the world) blessing...normally given at Christmas and Easter...and called for worldwide prayer to respond to this deadly virus. This will take place at 6:00 PM Rome time...1:00 PM our time.

Stay connected with our Mater Dei Facebook page and our Mater Dei YouTube page!

Finally, remember, that although we cannot sacramentally receive communion, we can receive our Lord and Savior through spiritual communion. Recite with me this perfect prayer of spiritual communion:

My Jesus, 
I believe that You
are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. 
I love You above all things, 
and I desire to receive You into my soul. 
Since I cannot at this moment
receive You sacramentally, 
come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You.

Amen.

Stay safe...Pray!

Until next time...
In His peace.
Deacon Ward


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deacon Ward's Essentials and Expressions September 4, 2020

Deacon Ward's Essentials and Expressions 10/01/2020

Essentials and Expressions June 16, 2021