Deacon Ward's Daily Message 3/26/20

Mater Dei Parish
St. Mary Star of the Sea / St. Edward the Confessor / St. James the Greater / St. Benedict Labre


Deacon Ward’s Morning Message
Thursday March 26, 2020 

Let us begin with a prayer:

Act of Contrition for Lent

My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against you whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. In his name, my God, have mercy. Amen. 


My brothers and sisters in Christ, good day!

How are we all doing, as we continue to hunker down in our homes?
I'm sure many of you are passing the time with various activities...cleaning, TV binge watching, playing online and board games, etc. But, let's not forget to set aside time for what's really important...living our faith life.
How can I do this? We can do this by praying simple prayers: 

Prayers of Adoration- praising God
Prayers of Contrition- Asking God for forgiveness
Prayers of Petition- Asking God for a favor
Prayers of Thanksgiving- Showing God your gratitude

And, best of all, we can pray for all of these needs through the intercession of our Blessed Mother Mary by praying the Holy Rosary. Today we pray the Luminous Mysteries.

There is nothing new to announce at the moment. A reminder of Pope Francis' Extraordinary Blessing that will take place at 6:00 PM Rome Time...1:00 PM our time. You can be part of this historic blessing by tuning in to EWTN or the Catholic Channel.

Let me close with a prayer...Psalm 32:1-17.  This psalm is for all who are troubled at this time...it is our confident appeal to God:

In you, O Lord, I take refuge. 
Let me never be put to shame.
In your justice, set me free,
hear me and speedily rescue me.

Be a rock of refuge for me,
a mighty stronghold to save me,
for you are my rock, my stronghold.
For your name's sake, lead me and guide me.

Release me from the snares they have hidden
for you are my refuge, Lord.
Into your hands I commend my spirit.
It is you who will redeem me, Lord.

O God of truth, you detest
those who worship false and empty gods.
As for me, I trust in the Lord:
let me be glad and rejoice in your love.

You who have seen my affliction
and taken heed of my soul's distress,
have not handed me over to the enemy, 
but set my feet at large....

Never be afraid; God will take care of you...Believe! 

I'm still trying to figure out the technology of including a video...bear with me!

Until Next time...
In His peace.
Deacon Ward









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deacon Ward's Essentials and Expressions September 4, 2020

Deacon Ward's Essentials and Expressions 10/01/2020

Essentials and Expressions June 16, 2021