Deacon Ward's Essentials and Expressions July 31, 2020

~Mater Dei Parish~
St. Mary Star of the Sea / St. Edward the Confessor   
St. James the Greater   
St. Benedict Labre
Jesus *  Mary  *  Joseph


🌹🌹🌹🌹
Deacon Ward's Essentials and Expressions
Friday, July 31, 2020

🌹
Let's begin this day with a prayer:

Prayer for Unity

Lord Jesus Christ, you said
may they all be one, just as,
Father, you are in me and I am in you,
so that the world may believe
it was you who sent me.
Dear Lord, bring together in 
love and peace all who believe in you.
Amen.
🌹



Important Announcement
From our Pastor, Fr. Rijo:
Beginning August 1, 2020,
until further notice, there will
be no DAILY (Monday - Friday) 
Holy Mass offered 
at 4:00 PM.
The daily morning Holy Mass
at 9:00 AM will continue.

🌹
Holy Adoration


TONIGHT! 
Jesus invites you to be in His presence 
beginning at 7:00 PM, in person
 or live-streamed 
From St. Mary Star of the Sea
Church.
The Holy Rosary will be prayed 
following Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament.
We will conclude with Benediction.

AND!!...

Jesus invites you to be in His presence
each Monday from 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM
at St. Edward the Confessor Church.

Morning Prayer (Liturgy of the Hours)
from the Shorter Christian Prayer)
 and the Divine Mercy Chaplet
will be prayed from 9:00 - 10:00.

********

🌹🌹🌹



Don't forget our Parish Food Shelf!
Your contributions of
non-perishable food is needed!
This week's most needed items are:

Spaghetti  Sauce and Macaroni 'n Cheese

Thank you for your generosity! 

Food Shelf Open Thursdays from 
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM


🌹


Mark Your Calendar!

Mater Dei Annual Summer Picnic

Image result for picnic

Sunday, August 16, 2020

IMPORTANT: Due to Covid-19, this is a RSVP event.
There will be more information to follow.


🌹

Calling All Men of the Parish!

Image result for knights of columbus
Gibbons Council 2285
Deep within the heart of every man is a call to live with purpose and meaning: a call to lead, to protect, to serve, and to defend.

Men today need a band of brothers...other Catholic men to share in that call, who walk together on the journey towards something better.

The Knights of Columbus is a trusted name, tried by time, present where men are, providing inspiring resources and support for strengthening your faith and 
living a life of virtue.

Knights lead with faith. Knights protect our families. Knights serve those in need.

When the world says men should step aside, Knights of Columbus step up.

We are Catholic men.

We live by principles informed by faith. We are sons, fathers, husbands and grandfathers.

Join us on life's greatest adventure to discover the man God calls you to be!


If you are interested in joining (it's easy!) or would like to know more...or if you know someone who may be interested...give me a
call at the Rectory...334-5066.

Image result for knights of columbus

🌹

To bring us into the weekend, I found this article that 

may be helpful to those who are struggling, 

especially during this time of  high anxiety and worry.

🙏

It’s natural to worry about the future, but it can deprive us of the joy of living in the present moment.


There are different forms of anxiety. One can be positive, like the kind of unsettledness we have in our soul that is described by St Augustine: “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our hearts are restless until they rest in you.

” There are also the kinds of anxiety that don’t lead us anywhere good, such as the habit of worrying. This kind of anxiety can deprive us of all happiness and peace of mind. It often interferes with our spiritual life, so it’s worth shedding some light on it. (Of course we are speaking here about the kind of worrying we can choose to indulge in or resist. An anxiety disorder is best treated with professional help.)


The key to fighting worry about the future


It’s natural to worry, but Jesus warns us:  “… small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life” (Matt. 7:14). If seen from this angle, worrying is a rite of passage to a new spiritual existence.

St. Ignatius tells us that it’s never our circumstances or the events in our lives that make us lose our peace of mind; it is because the pain we experience has turned our attention away from Christ. 

St. Peter offers us two key techniques to resist worry: “… standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings” (1 Peter. 5:9) and “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7).

Excessive worry is more than a temptation – it can open the door for other temptations. St. Francis de Sales says this kind of anxiety is “the greatest evil that can befall the soul” and calls on us “not to seek the consolation from God, but the God of consolation.” 

St. Paul tells us: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Ph 4:6-7).


The grace of trust


We must put our trust in the Lord for “God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it” (1 Cor. 10:13). This ability to surrender, and the conviction that He “is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask of imagine, according to his power that is at work within us” (Eph. 3:20), can help us to live with trust in the present moment. 
Father Nicolas Buttet

🌹 

Take a moment to
speak to Him!

O Divine Savior, as a victim for the salvation of souls, I surrender
and abandon myself to you.
I implore you to accept all of my offerings,  and I will then be
happy and trusting. Alas! It is all too little, I know, but I haven't anything else; I love my extreme worthlessness, because it will obtain for me
your mercy and all your paternal solicitude.
My God you know my frailty and the bottomless abyss of my weakness.
If, one day, I were to be unfaithful to your sovereign will,
if I were to recoil before suffering on the Cross, and to stray
from your path of love, fleeing the tender protection of your arms,
oh! I beg and implore you for the grace of dying at this instant.
Pardon me, O Sacred Heart of my Savior, forgive me by your
sweet name of Jesus, by the sorrows of Mary, by the intercession
of St. Joseph, and by the love that you had in doing your
Father's will.
O God of my soul! O Divine Sun! I love you, I bless you,
I praise you, I abandon myself completely to you.
I take refuge in you. Hide me in your bosom, for my being shudders
under the burden of the cruel  afflictions that crush me on all sides...
and I am always so alone.
My Beloved, help me, take me with you.
In you alone I wish to live, so that in you alone I may die.

Servant of God Marthe Robin


🌹 
Have a peaceful and blessed weekend!
🌹🌹Until next time...Love one another.🌹🌹
In His Peace.   
Deacon Ward  

 🌹🌹🌹🌹


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deacon Ward's Essentials and Expressions 10/01/2020

Essentials and Expressions June 16, 2021

Deacon Ward's Essentials and Expressions September 4, 2020