Deacon Ward's Message of the Day 5/13/2020

~Mater Dei Parish~
St. Mary Star of the Sea / St. Edward the Confessor   
St. James the Greater   
St. Benedict Labre

J *  M  *  J

🌹🌹🌹🌹
Jesus, Mary and Joseph,
I give you my heart, I give you my life.

<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

Deacon Ward's Almost Daily Message 
Wednesday May 13, 2020

Happy Easter, my brothers and sisters in Christ!
Alleluia!  Alleluia!

🌹🌹🌹🌹

There are no new announcements today.

The Thursday Food Shelf is open tomorrow. Your donations of non-perishable food items is greatly appreciated!

  🌹🌹🌹🌹       

Come and Pray!
(The spigot is slowly turning)

You are more than welcome to come and pray at the Churches.  Please, call the Rectory office (334-5066) prior to a visit so that we can verify the Church and time slot you wish to come. Space is limited and all requirements for safe distancing and cleaning will be closely monitored.  

St. Edward the Confessor, Derby Line- 
Monday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 Noon
St. Mary Star of the Sea, Newport - 
Tuesday & Thursday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 Noon
St. Benedict Labre, West Charleston- 
Friday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 Noon
St. James the Greater, Island Pond- 
Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 Noon 
God Bless you!

As we continue to be mindful of protecting our health, and that of all others...
"Life and physical health are precious gifts entrusted to us by God. We must take reasonable care of them, taking into account the needs of others and the common good." Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC:) 2288

🌹🌹🌹🌹
**********************
Thoughts for the day

"Therefore, there is only one problem on which
all my existence, my peace and my happiness depend:
to discover myself in discovering God.
If I find Him I will find myself 
and if I find my true self I will find Him.
But, although this looks simple, it is in reality
immensely difficult. In fact, if I am left to myself
it will be utterly impossible.
For although I can know something of God's existence
and nature by my own reason, there is
no human and rational way in which I can
arrive at that contact, that possession of Him,
which will be the discovery of Who He really is
and of who I am in Him.
That is something that no man can ever do alone.
Nor can all the men, women and all created 
things in the universe help them in this work.
The only One Who can teach me to find God
is God...Himself...Alone."
(T. Merton: New Seeds of Contemplation)

🌹🌹🌹🌹

~Practices for the Spiritual Life~

We must try to converse with God in little ways while we do our work;
not in memorized prayer, not trying to recite previously formed thoughts.
Rather, we should purely and simply reveal our hearts as the words come to us.
(Brother Lawrence: The Practice of the Presence of God)

🌹🌹🌹🌹
Remember, you can join all of our online streaming of daily and Sunday Holy Masses, and join me for Holy Adoration and Holy Rosary 
on Friday evenings at 7:00 PM by simply going to our website...materdeivermont.com.

Until next time...
In His peace.
Deacon Ward

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essentials and Expressions June 16, 2021

Deacon Ward's Essentials and Expressions September 4, 2020

Deacon Ward's Essentials and Expressions 10/01/2020