Deacon Ward's Message of the Day 6/15/2020




๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน

Mater Dei Parish

St. Mary star of the Sea
St. Edward the Confessor
St. James the Greater
St. Benedict Labre
๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน
Deacon Ward's Almost Daily Message 

Monday June 15, 2020



Continuing to remember all of our priests in our prayers... 

Today, we pray for Fathers Karl Hahr, John Hamilton and John Hammond of our diocese…and also for Deacons Bob Paolucci, John Pelletier and Tony Previti.

"Gracious  and loving God,
we thank you for the gift of our priests. 
Through them, we experience your presence in the sacraments.
Help our priests to be strong in their vocations. 
Set their souls on fire with love of your people.
Grant them the wisdom, understanding, and strength they need to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. Inspire them with the vision of your Kingdom.
Give them the words they need to spread the Gospel. 
Allow them to experience joy in their ministry.
Help them to become instruments of your divine grace.
We ask this through Jesus Christ, 
who lives and reigns as our Eternal Priest."     
 Amen..
.
๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน



During this tragic and distressful and sorrowful time, we should all take a few minutes of our day to focus on what's really important...asking God for strength and wisdom in our lives to do what is right and good.  

So in the stillness of the moment, reflect on what Jesus is whispering to you.
Here is a hymn to help:

I heard the voice of Jesus say, "Come unto me and rest;
Lay down, thy weary one, lay down Thy head upon my breast."

I came to Jesus as I was, so weary, worn and sad;
I found in him a resting place, and he made me glad.

I heard the voice of Jesus say,"Behold, I freely give
the living water; thirsty one, stoop down and drink and live."

I came to Jesus and I drank of that life giving stream;
my thirst was quenched, my soul revived, and now I live in him.

I heard the voice of  Jesus say, "I am this dark world's light;
look unto me, thy morn shall rise, and all thy day be bright."

I looked to Jesus and found in him my star, my sun;
and in that light of life I'll walk till trav'ling days are done.

๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน

Well, how did you do with Friday's weekend pop quiz?


Let's look at the answers...

a. Wrong, because Jesus is not symbolized by the bread and wine...they become him.

b. Wrong, because Jesus is more than just spiritually present during Mass and because he remains present in the consecrated elements until they cease to look like bread and wine. The priest's presence in the sanctuary isn't necessary. 

c. Wrong, because, although physically present, Jesus is not present with the bread and wine.  They cease to be present after the consecration. This is the heresy of consubstantiation or impanation.

d. Correct, because the bread and wine cease to be present in their essence or substance after the consecration. Only Jesus is present, though the mere appearance of bread and wine remain.

e. Wrong, because d is correct.

How did you do?  Tough questions, eh!
Another question on Friday!

๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน

Congratulations to Eric and Vela Bouchard who have completed their first year of a two year Lay Ministry program offered by our diocese!
Way to go! 
May God bless you in your efforts and your service to our Mater Dei Parish!

๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน

Next Sunday we will resume receiving Holy Communion during the regular part of the Holy Mass!
(Stay tuned for more information on this).

๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน
Before I go to sleep...

"I lift up my heart and my prayers
to you, O Lord.
And ask that your blessings illumine my heart, 
and that by loving truly in your name, 
and living your will,
Your radiance will touch all whom I meet 
today, tomorrow and for ever."
Amen.

๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน

If you have any questions or if you would like me to bring something to this blog to share...please feel encouraged to let me know...keep those cards and letters coming in! Thank You! 
Telephone  /  Email
(802-624-4964  /  nekdeacon@gmail.com)

๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒนUntil next time...In His Peace.   Deacon Ward๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deacon Ward's Essentials and Expressions 10/01/2020

Essentials and Expressions June 16, 2021

Deacon Ward's Essentials and Expressions September 4, 2020