Deacon Ward's Message of the Day 6/22/2020

Deacon Ward's Almost Daily Message 

Monday June 22, 2020


Kerry, Ireland

๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน
First things first...
Continuing to remember all of our priests in our prayers... 

Today, we pray for Father Joseph Ikegbunam of our diocese…and also for Deacon Gary Zach.
and...
Two of our beloved NEK priests...
Fr. Charles Davignon and Fr. Leo Bilodeau
...pray for them!
๐ŸŒน
“Eternal Father, we lift up to you these and all the priests and deacons of the world.
Sanctify them, heal and guide them.
Mold them into the likeness and holiness
of your Son, Jesus, the Eternal High Priest.
May their lives be pleasing to you. In Jesus' name, we pray."  Amen.
.
๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน



Wake up in the light of Christ with this morning prayer

        


To all of us, who at times, struggle...a reflection/prayer I've taken from "ALETEIA", a source of Catholic spirituality.

Ask God to dispel the clouds of darkness that may still be hovering over your life.

Often when we wake up, we may not be excited about the day that is about to begin. The negative events of yesterday may still loom over us and looking forward, it doesn’t appear to be getting any better.
However, Jesus, who is the Light of the World, wants to push away any clouds of darkness in your life and restore joy in your heart.
Here is a short prayer from the Golden Manual that highlights this symbolism and helps you start the day on the right foot.
In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, crucified, I arise; bless me, O Lord; govern me, protect me, and confirm me in all good works, this day and for ever. Jesus, most beautiful and true light, shining in darkness, and enlightening every one that comes into this world; dispel all clouds of ignorance, and give me a right understanding, that in you, and through you, I may see and know the Father; whom to know is to live; and to serve, is to reign for ever. 
Amen.
๐ŸŒน

Don't forget our Parish Food Shelf!
Your contributions of
non-perishable food is needed!
Thank you for your generosity! 

๐ŸŒน

Prayer of Friendship to Jesus

Jesus, you are my only true and real friend.
You share all my sorrows and take them upon yourself, knowing how to turn them to my good.
You listen to me kindly when I tell you of my difficulties, and you never fail to lighten  them.
Wherever I go I always find you; you never leave me, and if I'm obliged to go away, I find you waiting for me.
You are never weary of listening to me , and you never cease to do me good. I am sure of being loved if I love you.
You have no need of me or of my goods, and you do not deprive yourself by  giving me of your riches.
However wretched I am, no one nobler or more clever or even more holy can rob me of your friendship; and death, which separates us from all other friends, will only unite me to you.
All the accidents of age or of fortune will never detach you from me; on the contrary, I shall never enjoy you more fully and you will never be so close to me as when everything goes against me.
You bear with my defects with tender patience; even my infidelities and ingratitude do not wound you in such a way that you that you are not always ready to return to me when I call upon you.
AMEN.

๐ŸŒน
Relaxing summer and prayerful music to enjoy!
Thanks for the link, Jayne!

https://youtu.be/wCUx9nOt9u8



I hope the few who are following this blog are finding this purposeful...any comments or suggestions are encouraged!

๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒนUntil next time...In His Peace.   Deacon Ward๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน  
Telephone  /  Email
(802-624-4964  /  nekdeacon@gmail.com)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deacon Ward's Essentials and Expressions 10/01/2020

Essentials and Expressions June 16, 2021

Deacon Ward's Essentials and Expressions September 4, 2020