Deacon Ward's Daily Message 4/1/20

Mater Dei Parish
St. Mary Star of the Sea / St. Edward the Confessor / St. James the Greater / 
St. Benedict Labre


Deacon Ward’s Daily Message
Wednesday April 1, 2020 

My brothers and sisters in Christ, good afternoon!


"Life and physical health are precious gifts entrusted to us by God. We must take reasonable care of them, taking into account the needs of others and the common good." Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC:) 2288

To all our parishioners and friends...
Let us begin with prayer:

Psalm 31:1-5
(In this time of adversity, our confident appeal to God)


1 In you, Lord, I have taken refuge;
    let me never be put to shame;
    deliver me in your righteousness.
Turn your ear to me,
    come quickly to my rescue;
be my rock of refuge,
    a strong fortress to save me.
Since you are my rock and my fortress,
    for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
Keep me free from the trap that is set for me,
    for you are my refuge.
Into your hands I commit my spirit;
    deliver me, Lord, my faithful God.





My friends, today there isn't much to report, but I would like to make note of a couple of things. 

Firstly, thank you to our tireless parishioners who have volunteered their time and talents to serve the needs of our parish during this difficult time. There are many facets to running a parish and these wonderful people have sacrificed to see that a sense of normalcy prevails. I won't list their names as I don't want to omit anyone...you know who you are. 
      To all, thank you for walking the walk, and God Bless!


Secondly, an important reminder...one of the precepts of our Catholic faith is to be sure we continue the support of the Church. We realize that this is a difficult time financially for many...whatever you are able to give is truly appreciated. This is important because there are still many expenses that have to be paid in maintaining our four Churches. 
Your offering can be made by dropping it off at the St. Mary's rectory, by mail or by online giving (through the website).

ThankYou!


The Diocese of Burlington offers ministries that can help us through this tough time; I suggest you check them out! (vermontcatholic.org)

Diocese of Burlington Ministries


                                            
Our pastor, Fr. Rijo, in his homily today, (to see, go to the Mater Dei Facebook page) talked about the importance of sacred space. What is sacred space? Sacred space is simply a place where we have peace and quiet, and in that peace and quiet we are able to give our attention to God...and to God alone. 
It's about finding a place in your home where you might have a crucifix, a lighted candle and a comfortable chair. In this environment, you will find a peace...and most importantly a connection with our Lord and Savior.
I do understand the reality that it might not be possible to have such an arrangement. The point being....find time for Him...He always has time for you.


Let us Pray:

Father of love, source of all blessings,
help us to pass from our old life of sin
to the new life of grace.
Prepare us for the glory of your Kingdom.
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever. Amen. 


Until next time...take care of each other!
In His peace.
Deacon Ward

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deacon Ward's Essentials and Expressions 10/01/2020

Deacon Ward's Essentials and Expressions September 4, 2020

Deacon Ward's Daily Video