Deacon Ward's Message 4/17/20

Mater Dei Parish
St. Mary Star of the Sea / St. Edward the Confessor  / St. James the Greater   
St. Benedict Labre


Deacon Ward’s Daily Message
Friday April 17, 2020 

Happy Easter, my brothers and sisters in Christ!
Alleluia!  Alleluia!


"Life and physical health are precious gifts entrusted to us by God. We must take reasonable care of them, taking into account the needs of others and the common good." Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC:) 2288



“Pray for Our Priest and Deacons”
Today we pray for Fr. Eric Ugochukwu of our diocese…and also for Deacon Andrew Moulder.

“Eternal Father, we lift up to you these and all the priests and deacons of the world.
Sanctify them, heal and guide them.
Mold them into the likeness and holiness
of your Son, Jesus, the Eternal High Priest.
May their lives be pleasing to you. 
In Jesus’ name, we pray.” Amen.


*************************


Folks, another week is coming to an end…still, we’re in the midst of this dreadful period. The good news is we have our faith to help us endure. Our belief in Jesus, the Son of God, and our intercessor, hears the prayers of each one of us.

There is no new news of significance today. Please see the parish website for any updates/new information.  Here are the Mass times, and how you can view them; go to the website to join!

 -Daily Holy Masses-online Live Stream: 9:00AM, 12:00 Noon & 4:00PM

 

Facebook - Live Stream  YouTube - Live Stream    Zoom - Live Stream



As I have stated in the past, we need to put aside each day a time of prayer and reflection.  This is how we nourish our relationship with God. When you do this, you will find your life changing…you will realize a new peace and strength!

Soon I will begin offering an Hour of Adoration on Friday evenings from 7:00 PM-8:00 PM…Stay tuned for the exact start.


Please remember your weekly gift/offering…your continuing support of our parish is vital. Thank you!


Please call the rectory if there are any questions, spiritual needs, confession (arranged time/place), etc.

I leave you for the weekend with this prayer adapted from the writings of Blessed James Alberione…one of my favorites:

~God’s Dream for Me~

Your dream, O Master, is to lay hold of me, to change me with your divine life.

Your dream is to purify me, to free me from my selfishness and my faults.

Your dream is to re-create me, to make me a new person in your image.

Your dream is to fill me with your charity, to make me love the Father and all my brothers and sisters just as you do.

Your dream is to bind me to you with the closest bonds, to bind our hearts together as one.

Your dream is to make me strong, to impart to me your divine power, so that I can overcome evil and be constant in doing good.

Your dream is to inflame me with an untiring zeal to spread your kingdom in the world.

Your dream is to possess me in this life and in the life to come.

O Master, may your dream for me come true, may I give all to you, freely.

AMEN

I continue to pray for everyone.

Until next time…God Bless!
IN HIS PEACE.
Deacon Ward



  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deacon Ward's Essentials and Expressions 10/01/2020

Deacon Ward's Essentials and Expressions September 4, 2020

Deacon Ward's Daily Video